Inviting new members!
President Linda MacLeod
The American Association of University Women – The Saint Cloud Area Branch invites new members to join us as we work to advance gender equity for women and girls through education, research and advocacy!
When you become a member of AAUW you are part of a local, state, and national organization comprised of educated, successful women who have supported women and girls since 1881. The Saint Cloud Area Branch began in 1922 and is still going strong today with over 100 members!
Why should you consider becoming a member?
- Enjoy engaging camaraderie with women who also want to support women and girls’ rights.
- Our monthly programs run from September through May and include a social hour, meal, and expert presenters.
- Come when you can! AAUW members are history-makers, change-agents, and futurists. We will always stand together under one mission!
- Our members represent working professionals and retirees from the community including teachers, professors, administrators, legal and medical personnel, business and government leaders, and nonprofit executives.
- We support women and girls through; the National Conference of College Women Student Leaders (NCCWSL), TechSavvy for girls, grades 5-8, the Area High School Juried Art Exhibition at the Paramount, and a new program called, Savvy Teens -Seminars for Career Success in service to the area communities.
- National AAUW research and funding has been used to create awareness and affect positive change. Examples are: Title IX, the Equal Pay Act, anti-discrimination lawsuits, STEM events, and post graduate grants and scholarships.
- StartSmart and WorkSmart are free online training programs in salary negotiation with the goal of training 10 million women.
- St. Cloud State University and the College of Saint Benedict have been our AAUW partner-members for over 10 years.
- Our programming provides personal development for life-long learners!
- Social activities take place throughout the year; ice cream social, happy hours, luncheons, parties.
- A popular monthly Literature Group meets and a Thursday Night Book Club features member-selected books.
- Annual dues are $98 and include AAUW branch, state, and national membership. If you join at a program or event, dues are $67.
- Meet interesting brilliant women; network, make new friends, inspire and be inspired.
Or email President Linda MacLeod.
AAUW advances gender equity for women and girls through education, research, and advocacy.
Equity for all
Nonpartisan, Fact-based, Integrity, Inclusion, Intersectionality
Education and Training, Economic Security, Leadership
In principle and in practice, AAUW values and seeks an inclusive membership,
workforce, leadership team, and board of directors. There shall be no barriers to
full participation in the organization on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity, gender,
gender identify, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic status.