Seminars for Career Success
Six sessions to help area high school girls make important decisions about their future education, training and skills development.
Sessions: 1-4 p.m. June 7-8, 2021
- St. Cloud Community Education
- Sartell Community Education (Spring/summer catalog; p.26)
- Sauk Rapids Community Education
- Saint Cloud Area (MN) AAUW
Cost: $10 — includes a snack and beverage and a Savvy Teens T-shirt. (Register early to make sure your t-shirt is available at the event).
What: 45-minute seminars in which professionals will provide tools, tips, insight and advice as young women make choices about their education and career paths, whether they begin at trade or technical schools, community or four-year colleges.
- Career Assessment
- Employment in Major Sectors — Healthcare, Government, Education
- Success stories
- Financial Management
- Goal setting and Personal Development
Bonus: Those who attend all six seminars also will receive a password for our Savvy Teens website with pragmatic tools, tips, links, samples of resumes, college application letters, and more.
“I am so excited to be able to be part of an environment surrounded by strong, brave women and girls who want to reach for the sky!” — Tomisin Ajayi, Technical High School
This project was funded in part by the Initiative Foundation, a regional community foundation, and the Saint Cloud Area (MN) Branch of AAUW.
Savvy Teens is the Saint Cloud AAUW Branch’s third community service initiative aimed at helping young women establish themselves as tomorrow’s leaders in their communities and the fields of their choice.
- Savvy Teens connects high school girls with the resources and insight they will need to make post-high school education choices.
- The branch’s annual STEM-focused TechSavvy event is aimed at stimulating middle school girls’ interests in the sciences.
- Another initiative provides scholarships for area college women to attend the annual National Conference for College Women Student Leaders.
Linda MacLeod, firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome all area high school girls to participate in Savvy Teens!
The American Association of University Women
In principle and in practice, AAUW values and seeks an inclusive membership, workforce, leadership team, and board of directors. There shall be no barriers to full participation in this organization on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, geographical location, national origin, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status.